Information about Key Stage 2 Sats tests 2018 for Parents and Carers
Year 6 will be taking their Standard Attainment Tests (SATs) during the week beginning Monday 14th May 2017.
Please be aware pupils will now being tested on the new National Curriculum which was first introduced in 2014. This means that there is a higher level of expectation and challenge.
There are several other changes for SATs which were first introduced in 2016:
- A stronger emphasis on comprehension and fictional texts in the reading test
- A requirement for pupils to know and apply more technical terminology as part of the grammar and punctuation test
- A new arithmetic paper which replaces the mental mathematics test
- The removal of separate tests for higher achievers. Higher order skills will now be tested as part of all the papers
- A new scaled scoring system. This means that the number of marks gained will be converted into a scale score. A scaled score of 100 will show where a pupil has met the ‘national standard’. The Department of Education has not yet indicated the range of scaled scores. This will be published after the tests have been completed and marked
In order to help parents/carers to provide more information and help you to support your child through the SATs experience, we have attached a number of document and links below.