What can you do at home to help your child
- Know which sounds your child is learning during the week, talk to your teacher or visit their class page on Fronter.
- Keep practising sounds they already know, this boosts their self-confidence!
- Practise in short sessions at home and away from distractions (like televisions, game consoles or noisy areas of your home).
- Practise EVERY DAY!
- Try to notice and praise your child when he or she uses this knowledge of sounds in their reading and writing.
- Make it fun by using games or going to our Phonics Resource page.
- Reward your child's efforts regardless of how quickly they progress.